Something that you need to know before setting up integration:
One of the steps of integration setup is OAuth code creation in Google Console. Here you will need the help of the Account Owner of the Google Console, because it is not possible to create a working OAuth code with a Google Play admin account.
The Google Account that you will use you'll be using for Google authentication in Asodesk should have permissions to View app information and Reply to reviews for the app(s) you need to integrate. These permissions can be configured in Permissions -> App Permissions / Account Permissions section in the Console.
Make sure that the Consent Screen in your Google Console is set up and your app's status is "In Production".
Check if API in Google Console is enabled;
Go to Google Play Developer Console -> Settings -> API access and make sure that the Link Project is set up and that the project for which you are creating the OAuth Client is linked;
Reviews & Replies Integration
This integration will allow you to send replies to reviews using the Reply Board tool in Asodesk.
If you use Asodesk integrations with helpdesk systems such as Zendesk and Omnidesk, integration with the Google Console is also required.
Go to Integrations menu in Asodesk.
Click on "Add Google Play Console Account".
3. Copy the link in the opened menu.
4. Open your Google Play Console. You'll need to create an OAuth Client:
Note: this step needs to be done with the owner's Google Developer account in order to get the Client ID and Client Secret required for the integration.
5. Go to Settings ➡ Developer account ➡ API access.
6. You will get to OAuth Clients. Click on the button “Create new OAuth client”.
To create a new OAuth Client:
Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
Click “Create credentials” and select “OAuth Client ID” from the list.
Select the “Web application” application type and fill in the name. It is better to use the name of our tool and your app.
Scroll down the page and find the Authorized redirect URIs section on the same page.
Click on the Add URL button and paste the copied link from Asodesk interface.
Note: If this is your first time creating a client ID, click Configure Consent Screen to configure your consent settings. After you set up the consent screen once, you won't be required to configure it again.
7. Now you see “Your Client ID” and “Your Client Secret”.
8. Go back to Asodesk integrations section.
9. Select the applications for which you want to set up the integration.
10. Copy “Client ID” and “Client Secret” from Console and fill in the same fields in Asodesk.
11. Click “Connect” in Asodesk and sign in with Google.
Please use a Google account with the "View app information" and "Reply to reviews" permissions for the apps you want to integrate.
Report a Concern Integration
If you encounter spam or inappropriate reviews, this integration will help you to report it without having to log in to your Developer Console account.
1. First, open your Google Play Console. You'll need to invite Asodesk as a user to your Google Play account.
2. Go to “Users and permissions” section, then click on Invite New Users.
3. Enter email@example.com and set all the necessary permissions:
Scroll through the list and choose “Reply to reviews”, "View app information and download bulk reports (read-only)" for the app(s) you need.
Click “Apply” and then “Invite user”.
4. Send invite.
5. In your Google Play Console you will see that your user is active.
6. Go to Account details section. Copy Account ID.
7. Open Asodesk integrations section.
8. Click on the button “Add Google Play Console Account”.
9. Choose Report a Concern menu and paste Account ID to the field in Asodesk.
12. Check the box “I’ve invited firstname.lastname@example.org to Google Play Developer account”.
13. Select the applications for which you want to set up the integration.
13. Click on the “Add integration” button.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
We'll be happy to help!